About our School
ISG Dammam is a not-for-profit American curriculum school catering to the needs of the expatriate population on the east coast of Saudi Arabia. It employs teachers from countries representing the 40 nationalities that make up the 850 strong student population, including American, Canadian, British, Pakistani, Egyptian, Indian, Lebanese, Filipino, Sudanese, Jordanian and South African. Well-qualified support staff caters to the non-academic aspects of the school program in a friendly and professional manner. Professional Development for staff is an integral part of the school's operations.
The school offers Kindergarten 2 through to Grade 12. In addition to the core academic program, which includes Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts, Arabic Culture and Physical Education, the school's curriculum also includes a Global Language program that offers Arabic and French. Other specialized programs offered at ISG Dammam include Technology, English as an Additional Language (EAL) and a robust after school activities program.
ISG Dammam is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. It is licensed by the Saudi Ministry of Education and is a part of the International Schools Group (ISG), an educational organization that has served the expatriate community all over Saudi Arabia for more than 55 years.
The hallmark of ISG Dammam is a commitment to the development of self-motivated, lifelong learners. The school provides a safe, supportive, multicultural environment and maintains excellent standards in scholarship, character development and citizenship. The school's students emerge fully equipped to function effectively as global citizens in a constantly changing world.
- Students learn best with voice and choice.
- Learning is a reflective practice.
- Learning requires a safe, collaborative environment.
- Learning requires feedback for growth.
- Learning inspires passionate engagement.
- Learning from failure requires a growth mindset.
- Appropriate challenge engages and motivates learners.
The purpose of assessment is to improve learning.
- The student is the first and most important user of assessment data.
- Reflection is integral to deep learning.
- Assessments should be aligned with adopted standards.
- Feedback to students should be timely, targeted, accurate, actionable, ongoing, and embedded in the assessment process.
- Assessments should produce accurate data capable of informing instruction and learning.
- Assessments should give students opportunities to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways.
- Creating and upholding structures that support teacher collaboration around assessment practices will enhance student learning.
Profile of Graduates
ISG students will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Leadership - inspire and motivate others
- Collaboration - purposeful and effective interaction with others
- Individuality - self-development, confidence, and motivation
- Open mindedness - embrace and respect diverse ideas to refine perspective(s), balance judgment, and inspire compassion
- Balance - well-roundedness, focus, and sustenance of a healthy mental and physical lifestyle through an efficient and proficient use of time
- Integrity - willingness and desire to do the right thing
- Growth mindset - belief that talents may be learned and perfected through perseverance
- Critical thinking - apply multiple perspectives and deep reasoning to real world situations