You may or may not know that ISG has a list of characteristics that we endeavor each of our students to demonstrate. This list is called the Graduate Profile, and it was created in collaboration with our students based on the knowledge and understanding of what it means to educate the whole child. The Graduate Profile was created as part of our Middle States Association accreditation requirements and we strive to make all our students aware of them and to demonstrate them daily.
Our ISG students have the following characteristics:
- Leadership - They inspire and motivate others to do their best.
- Collaboration - They build relationships that are purposeful and have effective interaction with others.
- Individuality - They work on their own self-development, confidence and discipline to keep themselves motivated.
- Open mindedness - They embrace and respect diverse ideas to refine perspectives, balance judgment and inspire compassion.
- Balance - They are well-rounded, focused, and sustain a healthy mental and physical lifestyle through an efficient and proficient use of time.
- Integrity - They are willing and desire to do the right thing.
- Growth mindset - They have the belief that talents may be learned and perfected through perseverance.
- Critical thinking - They can apply multiple perspectives and deep reasoning to real world situations.
Earlier this year we reached out to our ISG Alumni and asked them to send us a video of their thoughts regarding the campus move. Please watch this video about their experience in our schools and share it with your friends and family. It is genuinely heartwarming to hear what they had to say. I’m sure as an ISG parent you’ll feel the same way.
Our ISG Alumni Association was established in 2021 and we held our first reunion in London last year. We’re excited to hold our second reunion in Khobar, sometime around the upcoming Winter Break. Details to be shared soon. Through our ISG Alumni Association we aim to maintain relationships between our schools and graduates, create strong networks that open doors for collaboration among alumni, and also highlight alumni achievements and share those achievements with current ISG students. We’re very excited for the opportunities these relationships will bring to our entire ISG community.
I’d like to inform you that there has been a change of date in the BSD Open House which was scheduled for November 16, 2022. The new date is November 23, 2022 from 8:30-9:30 and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.
We were very fortunate at ISG to be able to host an interview with world-renown actor Sir Ian McKellen. The BSD Drama Class invited Sir Ian McKellen to talk about his early years in acting and the trajectory of his career. It’s wonderful to hear these stories and to know that our students may become inspired in some way. Sometimes it only takes one person at the right moment to make a difference. You can watch that interview here.
Michael P. Mack